Over time our skin can begin to acquire fine lines, freckles, and larger pore sizes. Chemical peels provide a convenient option for improving your skin’s quality with essentially no down time. In the field of plastic surgery, skin peels are considered in the category of medical skincare and non-invasive procedures. Peels, which are performed by licensed aesthetician rather than doctors or surgeons, are quite effective for rejuvenating the skin.
Chemical peels are a deeper form of skincare treatment that penetrates the superficial layers of skin allowing healthier skin to appear. Peels are effective at:
- reducing fine lines around the eyes and mouth,
- decreasing discoloration and hyperpigmentation including sun spots and freckles,
- reduce acne and unclog pores,
- improve skin’s texture and tone.
What Can I Expect During My Chemical Peel?
During a chemical peel, a mild acidic solution is applied to the face to dissolve the top layers of skin and allow the skin to regenerate. Patients can expect to feel some mild tingling or itching sensation during the treatment. Patients may experience some mild facial redness immediately following treatment that dissapates in the first few hours. Chemical peels typically take a half hour to perform. In three-to-five days the top layers of skin will begin to flake and peel. Skin tends to be more sensative in the first 10 days following a peel and sunscreen should be worn to protect the refreshed skin.
Types of Chemical Peels
Colorado Plastic Surgery Center offers its facial rejuvenation clients a number of effective facial peels including:
- VI Peel Line – These chemical peels from Vitality Aesthetics help treat a variety of skin issues from acne to hyperpigmentation. These peels are designed to improve tone, texture, and clarity of the skin.
- VI Peel – Anti Aging is formulated to rejuvenate aging skin and help prevent further damage by softening fine lines and wrinkles, restoring a more even skin tone and smoothing away rough skin texture.
- VI Peel with Precision Plus treats sun spots and pigmented skin to help restore skin tone. Specifically formulated for pigmented skin, this peel also reduces the appearance of age spots, brightens even the most stubborn areas of discoloration, and smooths away rough skin texture
- PCA Peel – This customizable peel allows your aesthetician to manage the depth of the peel and the number of coats applied in order to customize the process for your skin’s specific needs. Our PCA peel package comes with a chemical peel and the post peel skin care kit.
- SkinMedica Illuminize Peel –This peel is ideal for first-time peel patients or patients looking for a very superficial peel. The Illuminize Peel increase skin glow and radiance.
- SkinMedica Vitalize Peel – The Vitalize Peel works effectively on sun damage, hyperpigmentation and acne.
- SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel – The Rejuvenize Peel is SkinMedica’s deepest peel and results are seen after one treatment. This peel is ideal for treating melasma, acne scarring and dark pigmentation.
How Often Can I Get A Chemical Peel?
Facial peels can be performed every four-to-six weeks.
In addition to chemical peels, Colorado Plastic Surgery Center’s aesthetician offers a full range of skincare treatments, including microdermabrasion, medical facials and Laser Skin Resurfacing. We also offer patients at-home skincare programs and a complete line of superior, medical grade, anti-aging skincare products to keep skin looking its best after in-office treatments.
For more information, or to schedule a skin consultation to determine what type of skin treatment or skin resurfacing would produce the best results for your individual skin, please contact us today.